Stereo Glasses for concept D machine

Hello,

I have a zspace concept D machine. I was told I do not need passive stereo glasses to get the 3d effect. I was curious how this is achieved and what is the best demo scene to test it out. So far the scene tracks my face position but I am getting a blurry image.

kind regards

Hi Haasxr,

I would recommend opening up zSpace Demo. You can install it with App Manager, this is our app distribution/installer platform. Then open up go.zspace.com with either the Edge or Chrome browser. That is our app launcher. In this launcher either use the search bar, or click the three by three square grid icon to visually browse through the installed apps. Find the one named Demo.

I am uncertain what may be the cause of a blurry image. Could you be more descriptive?

When the stereo tech built into the display activates, this can make plain windows UI and text appear jagged.

If the display is not set to 4k resolution, then the left/right eye images will not project exclusively to the left and right eyes properly, and you will see both images in both eyes.

If your experience doesn’t match either of those issues, just fill in some more detail and I’ll try to assist further.

Alex S.

ok I got it working, now I’m having trouble with a post processing effect. It’s a model outliner . The script should be applied to the camera, I’m’ wondering how z sorting works with the stereo cameras and applying overlay effects?

Hi Haasxr,

Z-sorting works generally the same way it works for any other platform. One big difference is that zSpace camera frustums aren’t symmetrical. Flat post process effects like color grading, noise, vignettes, etc. should work just fine, however post-process effects like depth-of-field sometimes do not work correctly. Depth-reliant effects sometimes assume that the camera frustum is symmetrical for the sake of efficiency, but it leads to incorrect behavior on zSpace. I don’t know whether this is the same issue that your outliner may be encountering, but hopefully that gives you a lead on where the issue may lie.

There are outliner effects that exist that work with zSpace. We’re using an old version of the following package for one of our internal projects, and it works well.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/particles-effects/highlighting-system-41508

Alex S.